Monday, May 7, 2018

H2H - Mother's Day


Welcome to Heart 2 Heart's weekly challenge. 

This week, the theme is Mother's Day. Since that holiday is coming up before much longer, we decided to make it our theme this week. Many people celebrate mothers other than their own birth mother - grandmothers, in-laws, adoptive mothers, perhaps someone who is a mother figure to them, or maybe even someone else. And of course, there are the moms of fur-babies - they are also mothers! So, bring on the celebration of moms! 

I used a brand new paper pack from the Seasonal Expressions 2 catalog called Documented. It tends to be a darker palette of colours but I pulled a few of the patterns that I really like and used them on my card. I chose Bashful for the base of my card, which helped to lighten it up a bit. 

We also have new stitched dies and they are designed to be paired with the basic dies of the same shape. I used the hearts on this card. I cut them using Bashful Glitter Paper and Gold Foil Paper. The pattern is from Make It From Your Heart - Volume 4. 


Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us your Mother's Day project. You have the entire month of May to enter this or any of the upcoming May challenges. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Documented Paper Pack, Bashful Cardstock, Bashful Glitter Paper, Gold Foil Paper
Stamps: Flourishes
Inks: Peacock, Eggplant
Accessories: Basic Hearts Thin Cuts, Stitched Hearts Thin Cuts, Enchantment Ribbon Pack, Thin Foam Tape

Enjoy,
Alyson


SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. I love your card Alyson, especially the Gold hearts and the way you did the colours on the stamp. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)