Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Die-Namite Blog Hop


Welcome to the Die-Namite blog hop. This blog hop features the dies and die and stamp combinations that are on sale during the month of March. There are several available and the consultants on this blog hop have chosen their favourites to highlight. Enjoy the tour!

You should have arrived here from Vickie O'Dell's blog.

If you get lost, a complete list of participating bloggers can be found on Melinda Everitt's blog

I chose to create a card that focused on hearts. Laying out the hearts and then sewing them to the base page was the most difficult part - especially considering I got to the last row and my sewing machine decided to break down right at that time. I also have to mention that I NEVER leave projects to the last minute but due to some difficult news last week, I haven't been in a creative mood and left this until the very last minute (the evening of this blog hop...) So, I had to hand stitch the last row! 
The open hearts were created by die cutting a basic heart and then placing the smaller heart inside the larger one and cutting it out. 


The next blog on this hop is Darlys Recker's blog
I am sure she has something wonderful to share with you.

Products used are all Close To My Heart:

Paper: Gimme Some Sugar Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Juniper Cardstock, Bashful Glitter Paper
Stamps: none
Inks: none
Accessories: Basic Hearts Thin Cuts, Thanks for You Thin Cut, White and Gold Ribbon, Sewing Machine and Thread (not CTMH), Foam Tape

Enjoy,
Alyson

7 comments:

  1. Amazing card - love everything about it, the colors, stitching, design, LOVELY! Sorry about the difficulties - seems to often happen at the least opportune time. your stitching is impeccable, I cannot tell the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh...those hearts and that stitching; LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. I love how you created a unique "patterned" paper using the hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Alyson! Love all the hearts and the way you used them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! I love the stitching with the hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, everything about it. I have never attempted sewing on my cards, but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)