Monday, March 19, 2018

AH 256 - An Extra Special Friend Card


Welcome to another sketch at Atlantic Hearts! 

This week, I decided to play around with the orientation of the sketch (rotated it 90 degrees) and also added a few elements to it. It is still obviously the same sketch, just enhanced a little bit. That's what I love about sketches - there is so much you can do with them! 

I used all Close To My Heart cardstock and inks but other stamps, dies and embossing folders for this card. On the embossing folder, I sanded ONLY the leaves to provide some added interest. That can be seen in the detail photo under the main photo, along with the shimmer on the flowers. Since I needed fairly tall flowers, some of them didn't reach very high so I stamped and cut out clusters of circles to cover the "ground". I love the sentiment - and I split it into two sections - part at the top and part at the bottom. The ribbon just seems to add a nice finishing touch.




Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. You have until Sunday night to link up your project. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Willow Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock, Bashful Cardstock
Stamps: Extra Special (Altenew), Artsy Flower Parts (Simon Says Stamp)
Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Raspberry, Willow
Accessories: ShinHan Markers, Sanding Kit (ret.), Clear Shimmer Brush, Embossing Folder (not CTMH), Artsy Flower Parts Dies (Simon Says Stamp), White Grosgrain Ribbon (ret.), Stitched Border Dies (Gina Marie Designs), Foam Tape

Enjoy,
Alyson




1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)