Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Love One Another

The two stamp sets on this card are two that have been sitting in my stamp drawer since the summer and haven't really been used yet... I wanted to do SOMETHING with them. 

I also wanted to try lattice folding so after trying a sample along the edge of a card, I decided I wanted my fold somewhere else other than along the edge. That took some doing because I had to make sure that the top and bottom were completely finished. I put a piece of the Make Waves patterned paper behind the finished fold but with the dots on the paper, I realize now that it looks kind of strange - a solid piece of cardstock probably would have been a better choice. 

After stamping and fussy cutting the flowers and leaves, they didn't look right just mounted on the ombre paper so I decided to add a silver doily underneath them. In the photo, this really washed out the leaves but on the actual card, they are still very noticeable. The smallest flower is raised with foam tape. I brushed all three flowers with the clear shimmer brush - that can be seen in the second photo. 

The card is based on Pattern #14 from Make it From Your Heart - Volume 4. 




Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Make Waves Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Emerald Cardstock, Silver Glitter Paper
Stamps: For You Darling, Inspired Words
Inks: Pansy, Emerald, Pixie
Accessories: Clear Shimmer Brush, Foam Tape, Little Dreamer Gems (ret.), Silver Doily (not CTMH)

Enjoy,
Alyson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)