Monday, January 1, 2018

Heart 2 Heart - "New"


Welcome to 2018 - a new year with new beginnings and a new challenge at Heart 2 Heart. 

It is also the reveal of a brand new catalog at Close To My Heart - the Seasonal Expressions 1 Catalog - and it is filled with GORGEOUS new products! The very first challenge at Heart 2 Heart is "NEW" and that can be interpreted many ways. I am choosing to focus on new products... and my favourite new products from the SE 1 catalog include the paper pack, Chelsea Gardens, along with two of the coordinating stamp sets - Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking and Chelsea Gardens Scrapbooking. 

I found this beautiful card on Pinterest and searched high and low for the creator as it was not watermarked. It may be Nancy Riley who I believe is a Stampin Up demonstrator, but I am not sure. The pin indicated to visit her blog but images were not visible. I CASEd the card design because I loved it so much and it worked perfectly for what I wanted. 

Bows have always been very easy for me but this one caused me so much difficulty... I went through about 5 bow designs before finally settling on this one - with an old button. I really wanted multiple layers but just couldn't make it work the way I wanted. One of those days...
I used the watercolour pencils and a blending pen to colour the leaves. The stems are coloured using a ShinHan marker. The flowers were stamped in two colours (Glacier and Lagoon) but stamped a second time in Glacier to make them slightly darker. 


Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us how you interpret "New". There are lots of new products out there with the start of a new year! Be sure to use some Close To My Heart products in your project - if it's not obvious, make sure you include a product list. 
You have until the end of January to link up your project. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Chelsea Gardens Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Heather Cardstock
Stamps: Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking, Chelsea Gardens Scrapbooking
Inks: Charcoal, Lagoon, Glacier, Juniper
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge (ret.), Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking Thin Cuts, ShinHan Marker, Watercolour Pencils, Blending Pen (ret.), Button (ret.), Foam Tape, Clear Shimmer Brush, Embroidery Floss (not CTMH), Adventure Ribbon Pack

Enjoy,
Alyson






4 comments:

  1. Alyson, beautiful as always! Great combination of Chelsea Gardens collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy card, you always do so nicely on your florals, with color and layering...beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' this card. All the layers make it really special. New is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)