Monday, January 29, 2018

Heart 2 Heart - Fine and Dandy


The challenge at Heart 2 Heart this week is "Fine and Dandy". This was a difficult one for me as this tends to be a saying that is used (I think) far more in the south than it is here in the north. I had to really think about an image that comes to mind for me when I thought of this phrase... The first thing that came to mind was the sarcastic use of it - when someone is angry and they use it in frustration. However, that isn't easy to use on a card or scrapbook page, so there had to be another alternative! 

A distinguished (or tiny man) wearing a bowler hat with a moustache was another thought that came to mind so that is what I decided to use. That is also difficult to do... Relying on some Cricut images and a Cricut pen that I knew would write from dark to light (as it was getting short on ink) to provide sort of an ombre effect, I made a greeting phrase on the right side of my card. The left side was reserved for an almost Potato-Head sort of face, with a bowler hat and moustache. I added some googly eyes, just for fun. 


Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us how you interpret "Fine and Dandy". Be sure to use some Close To My Heart products in your project. 
This challenge ONLY closes on February 3. 
The other January challenges close on January 31st. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: Linen Cardstock, Charcoal Cardstock, Bashful Cardstock, Bashful Glitter Paper, Silver Glitter Paper
Stamps: none
Inks: none
Accessories: You Are Here Cartridge, Artfully Sent Cartridge (ret.), Silver Cricut Marker (not CTMH), Googly Eyes (not CTMH), Light Grey Ribbon, Grey Gems

Enjoy,
Alyson





SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)