Friday, January 26, 2018

Colour Dare 277 - Birthday Banner card


Welcome to another challenge at Colour Dare! 

This week, we have an extra special challenge - it is a Tic Tac Toe board! You can choose any three colours in a line - across, up and down or diagonally - we just ask that you let us know which line you have chosen by identifying the colours you are using. 

I am placing the Tic Tac Toe board at the top of my post this week so you can see it before my project. That way, you can see exactly the colour scheme I chose. 


I decided to go diagonal and use Juniper, White Daisy and Mink. I also added Black to my project as that is allowed. 

I used two of the patterned papers from the Chelsea Gardens paper pack as they fit both the Mink and Juniper colours. One of the new Hostess stamps in the catalog is this gorgeous monogram crest. Inside, I used an old happy birthday stamp because I couldn't find anything else that fit other than a monogram... and I really needed a happy birthday sentiment. The colouring was done with ShinHan markers and I had some old juniper ribbon from CTMH from years and years ago that I attached to the bottom of the banner. The pattern is from Make It From Your Heart - Volume 4. 


Come and join us at Colour Dare for this challenge - there are so many possible colour combinations that can be used! 
You have 2 weeks to link up your project so the due date is 
Thursday, February 8 at 10pm EST.

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Chelsea Gardens Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock
Stamps: Monogram Crest, Happy Birthday (ret.)
Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Juniper
Accessories: Black Shimmer Trim, Juniper Ribbon (ret.), ShinHan Markers, Chelsea Gardens Dots and Gems, Foam Tape, Black Journaling Pen

Enjoy,
Alyson



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love how you angled the ribbon and matched it to your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson I LOVE this card! The way you used the colors, the banner....everything is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great focal point and coloring...Love that ribbon...beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous card! I love the picot ribbon trim and your used of the Monogram Crest. Pretty paper choices also!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)