Monday, January 8, 2018

Atlantic Hearts 246 - Wish Card


It's the first post of the new year for me at Atlantic Hearts. I just love this team and these sketches! Sometimes they are fairly complex and other times, like today, they are very simple so they require me to think carefully about what I want to do. 

I looked at this sketch and initially thought, "how simple..." All someone really has to do is place a few strips of paper or ribbon across a page and add a sentiment - and it is done. But it can be developed into something far more than that. A sketch is simply a starting guideline. As long as the sketch can be seen in the final product, that is what matters. 

Chelsea Gardens is a new paper pack in the Seasonal Expressions catalog that went live January 1st. I used a patterned paper from that pack as my background and ran narrow strips of ribbon across to satisfy that component. The sentiment was mounted on a die cut frame with foam tape and I added some flowers in two corners for interest. Suddenly a simple sketch turned into a much more interesting card. 



Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us your interpretation of the sketch shown above. You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Chelsea Gardens Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Juniper Cardstock, Sweet Leaf Cardstock
Stamps: Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking, Wish (ret.)
Inks: Charcoal
Accessories: Chelsea Gardens Thin Cuts, Scallop Square Nestabilities (not CTMH), Chelsea Gardens Dots and Gems, ShinHan Markers, Clear Shimmer Brush, Foam Tape, Whimsy Ribbon Pack

Enjoy,
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)