Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A Trick on Your Eyes...

My baby brother is turning 50 next week... so hard to believe! 

This card may make you think you are having difficulty focusing correctly but it isn't you - it really is the card itself. I cut two layers of vellum and intentionally placed them just slightly misaligned from each other. I didn't realize until after the card was finished how hard it is on the eyes but it sure is unique! And it might make you think a visit to the optometrist is necessary as well :) 

The background was sponged and blended in three shades of green.


This is a close up of a section of the vellum so you see better what the layers look like. 


I hope my brother has a fabulous 50th birthday :) 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Vellum
Stamps: Happy Birthday (ret.)
Inks: Sweet Leaf, Fern, New England Ivy
Accessories: Hello Lovely - Cardmaking Thin Cuts, Greenery Die (Memory Box), Stitched Dies (Gina Marie Designs)

Enjoy, 
Alyson


2 comments:

  1. I don't do birthday's, but this is awesome, Alyson!... truly a unique look with the double vellum :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the double vellum, I will definitely try this on a future card...shouldn't be too hard because I usually do layering like this for cardstock to give it an outline, but this looks like a mirror image...unique and definitely awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)