Monday, September 18, 2017

Atlantic Hearts 230 - Grateful Flowers


Another great sketch at Atlantic Hearts... With autumn starting to turn the leaves to colour in my area, I wanted to do a card with autumn colours and gold is such a perfect fit with the oranges and yellows. I didn't add any red or deep orange to this card as I wanted the focus to be a little more subdued. 

The flowers are triple stamped using a new stamp set called Beautiful You and layered on top of the leaves. I set apart the layer background for the sentiment rather than just piling the pieces on top of each other - I just thought it looked more interesting. The background is created using a SU embossing folder. 



Join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us your interpretation of the sketch shown above. You have until Sunday evening to link up you project. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Saffron Cardstock, Fern Cardstock, Gold Foil Paper
Stamps: Beautiful You, Little Leaves, Treasure Life (ret.)
Inks: Fern, New England Ivy, Canary, Saffron, Goldrush
Accessories: Beautiful You Thin Cuts, Thin Foam Tape, Gold Pearls, Basic Ribbon Pack, White and Gold Ribbon, Hardwood Embossing Folder (not CTMH) 

Enjoy, 
Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I knew I wanted to get caught up on comments, but didn't know I was so far behind. Beautiful selection of colors and design, love that you went a little out of the box with the sketch...love the wood embossing. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)