Thursday, April 28, 2016

Playing Around with Other Products...

A friend of mine is here in town from Australia to visit her mother. She is an avid card maker. Since she is visiting for several weeks, she brought many of her craft supplies with her - and one of those items was a set of dies from Stampin' Up called Botanical Builder Framelits. I have seen several cards on Pinterest and loved the images so she let me borrow the dies for a few days. I decided to CASE a few cards I had pinned... they were so easy to create using just the dies as she didn't even bring the stamps with her. I love the fact that the dies allow the flowers to be kind of 3-D in nature - the centre of the petals can be raised. 

I used some CTMH sentiments for each of these cards and embossed them in white. The background paper for the first card is from La Vie en Rose. 

I don't want to return the dies to her - I might just have to order my own set...


The original designer of this card was Cindy Wilkinson of www.justspongeit.com


The original designer of this card was Susan Best at www.stampinginferno.blogspot.com

Products used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated

Paper: La Vie en Rose Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Gypsy Cardstock, Sweet Leaf Cardstock, Canary Cardstock, Thistle Cardstock, Pear Cardstock, Topiary Cardstock
Inks: Versamark
Stamps: Big Hug, Casual Expressions
Accessories: Botanical Builders Framelits (not CTMH), ShinHan Marker, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

Enjoy, 
Alyson



3 comments:

  1. I really like the way the minty green color pops on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new dies from StampinUp. I love the flowers; and Mel has used them on her cards and they are always so stunning. Lover your layouts. Great cards. Welcome to another world other than CTMH, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crazy about this Botanical bundle from SU! I have to force myself to use other items in my collection or all of my cards would be made from this set of stamps and dies. Your cards are outstanding, Alyson. Love the color combinations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)