Friday, February 5, 2016

Feathers Birthday Card

A good friend of mine has a birthday coming up and I often find it very difficult to create masculine birthday cards. This one is completely CASEd from Pinterest. I was looking around there for ideas and I came across a gorgeous card created by Carolyn King. I completely lifted her idea because I loved it so much and it was perfect. Check out her blog if you wish - she has a lot of terrific ideas! 

For this card, I chose a colour scheme of Sapphire and the Whisper paper from the Urban paper pack. For the feathers, I stamped two of them using a combination of Glacier and Whisper inks. Another was stamped in Black and the last was coloured in using a variety of ShinHan markers. The twine is just some that I had left over. I actually used a straightening iron to take the kinks out of it so it would sit flat - a trick I found on Pinterest. 

So, here is the final product...


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Urban Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Sapphire Cardstock, Neutrals Fundamental Cardstock Pack (Black)
Stamps: Feathers, Just to Say
Inks: Black, Whisper, Glacier, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
Accessories: ShinHan Markers, Scallop Punch, Diamond Embossing Folder, Corner Rounder, Twine (old CTMH?)

Enjoy, 
Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, and yes. I love feathers, and I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)