Monday, January 4, 2016

Heart 2 Heart - Number 1!

It's so good to be back! Thanks to everyone for the personal messages and emails. My mom is doing a lot better but it was (and continues to be) a very stressful time for my family. I am SO glad to be back to creating once again. 

You're Number 1! That's what Heart 2 Heart is all about for the first challenge of the year. January is the start to a new year with everything about firsts. And first can be anything you want it to be. I chose to do a birthday card and focus on how important that individual is! The actual birthday greeting is inside the card as shown below. 

Using a colour scheme of Peacock, White Daisy and gold, I chose to use some of the Fundamental cardstock and just a few embellishments. The pattern for the card is taken from Make It From Your Heart - Volume 2. 



Join us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges to show us how you interpret the FIRST challenge of 2016. You have the entire month of January to enter any of the challenges this month. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock, Paper Fundamentals - Peacock
Stamps: Birthday Funnies, Joyful Birthday, Cricut Artiste Collection - Kudos
Inks: Peacock Pigment Ink, Peacock
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Fundamental Assortment - Peacock, Gold Foil Tape, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Foam Tape, White Enamel Stars, Gold Sequin Assortment

Enjoy, 
Alyson


2 comments:

  1. Great card Alyson. I need another birthday card for the month of January for my hubby, this would be a super card. Love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson, you are always so creative! I just love your color choices and how you decorate the insides of your cards, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)