Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Atlantic Hearts Sketch 142 - Watercolour Card

Sketch 142 at Atlantic Hearts this week is one that I just loved so I decided to stay about as true to the sketch as you can get! I even kept the bottom design as a flower, exactly as in the sketch... how is that for remaining true to the original design? 
After cutting a background from one of the CTMH Cricut cartridges to use for painting my background, the paint ended up going through several of the openings and after using it twice, it was curling up and I really didn't want to take the time to cut another one. To ensure that they cut accurately, I have to cut twice and that takes quite a bit of time. Instead, I used a plastic stencil and taped it down. That worked perfectly. 
So, here is the card - in pink and purples with a touch of green - love the way it turned out. 



Join us Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and show us your interpretation of this week's sketch! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Thistle Cardstock, Eggplant Cardstock, Pear Cardstock, Watercolour Paper
Stamps: None
Inks: None
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Artistry Cartridge, Artbooking Cartridge, Purple Enamel Gems, Watercolour Paints, Paintbrush Set, Plastic Honeycomb Stencil (not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson


3 comments:

  1. Super pretty card with many darling touches. Love the pink, as well! : TYFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background you created, it just fills in nicely that big open space. I kinda did the same thing but used design paper. Love the colors, and the contrast of colors in the flowers...pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyson, this is gorgeous! Love what you did with the background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)