Monday, December 7, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch 137

The sketch this week at Atlantic Hearts made me spend some significant time developing my artwork... I also learned some key things about my Cricut Explore machine in the process - like what I can and can't do with the Slice feature. I learned that I can't slice a circle on a card from Art Philosophy due to the score line on the card... I had to use just a plain rectangle instead. I also learned - after I had lined up 9 circles on my rectangle - that the slice tool will only cut ONE circle at a time! There may be shortcuts to doing this of which I am unaware but it took me forever to create the open circle background! 

Then I had to find stamps that would fit into the 1 inch circles... 

So, here is my card - I probably should have used a neutral background instead of a patterned one but such is life...


Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: White Pines Paper Pack, Cocoa Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock
Stamps: Polar Bear Holiday (ret.), Merry & Bright (ret.), White Pines Cardmaking Workshop, Reindeer Bells, Perfect Fit Holidays
Inks: Glacier, Cranberry, Black, Fern, Cocoa
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Red Shimmer Trim, Green Shimmer Trim, Green Triangle Enamel and Glitter Duos, Thin Foam Tape, ShinHan Markers, Clear Sparkles Assortment

Enjoy, 
Alyson


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this! Patterned paper and all....makes my eyes happy! Hope all is well with you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)