Thursday, November 5, 2015

Urban Thanks Card

I need some masculine thank you cards - and I always find masculine cards difficult to create. For this one, I went to the trusty Make It From Your Heart books - they always have such wonderful patterns available. Although ribbon is used in the original pattern, I decided to pleat some paper instead to stay with a more masculine appearance on the card. I actually sewed the pleats under the gold tape just to hold them together. 
One tip for anyone who uses a sewing machine to stitch on layout or cards - make sure there is NO ADHESIVE where the needle is going to stitch - that can gum up your machine and damage it very, very quickly. Repairs can be extremely expensive. You can apply temporary adhesive around the areas that are to be sewn but make sure no adhesive will come anywhere near that needle! 


Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Urban Paper Pack, Colonial White Cardstock, Saffron Cardstock
Stamps: A Thousand Thanks
Inks: Saddle, Peacock
Accessories: Gold Foil Tape, Peacock Fundamental Assortment, Blue Dot Enamel and Glitter Duos, Off-White Thread and Sewing Machine 

Enjoy, 
Alyson


3 comments:

  1. I love this card, and I think that this photo angle is much better for showing off more depth. P.S. I pinned it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS...so many little details that make this card fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Alyson!... love the paper pleats :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)