Saturday, April 4, 2015

Magnetic Memo Board

I have been wanting to create a magnetic memo board for ages and have never had the time to do one the way I wanted... Finally last week, the weather was warm enough for me to be able to spray paint one of the Close To My Heart frames in the colour I wanted so I could finish my project! 

I created the magnets using the Base and Bling line (circles and ovals) and just placed paper behind the covers. It's hard to see the paper in the first photo but it is a bit clearer in the second photo. I used co-ordinating papers so the magnets would co-ordinate with the frame colour to match my office decor. I stamped my first initial on a few of them. I just bought a roll of magnetic tape from a local hardware store and mounted that on the back of the charms (after placing 3-D Foam Tape on them to help them stand away from the board a little way as well). Very easy to do. 



Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Lagoon Cardstock, Lagoon Fundamentals Cardstock, Seaside Paper Pack, Skylark Paper Pack (ret.), Dotty for You Paper Pack (ret.)
Stamps: Bingo Alphabet (ret.), Glamour Uppercase Alphabet
Inks: Black Pigment Ink
Accessories: Base and Bling Line - Faux Antiques Silver Pendants (Circle and Oval), Glass Covers (Circle and Oval), Designed Decor Magnetic Chalkboard, Foam Tape, Liquid Glass, Self-Adhesive Magnetic Roll (not CTMH), Spray Paint (not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)