Monday, April 13, 2015

Atlantic Hearts Sketch 103

This week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts gave me the opportunity to use some colouring skills that I have been practicing! The ShinHan markers have had me pretty frustrated until recently. I spent some time watching some very helpful videos and I feel like I have a much better idea of how to use them now (not that I am claiming to be an expert by any means!) I really like how these flowers turned out and I wanted to use them on this card. 

I used one of the CTMH party favours gift bags for my "flower holder"... wanted to do something a little different. In order to get my flowers to fit, I had to turn the sketch on its side and alter the placement of a few items, but interpreting a sketch is what it's all about, right? 



Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week and show us how you interpret this week's sketch! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock
Stamps: A Budding Friendship
Inks: Black Pigment Ink, Cotton Candy
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Embossing Folder (not CTMH), ShinHan Markers and Colourless Blender, Pink Dotted Ribbon (not CTMH), Lagoon Twine (ret.), Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape, Designer Creations Slate Paper Bags, Lagoon Button (ret.)

Enjoy, 
Alyson

4 comments:

  1. LOVE your interpretation... and your coloring is fantastic... I keep practicing and am still not quite thrilled with my skills, but I keep watching videos and practicing. Cool idea to use the gift bag...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch and I love your colouring skills! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers - amazing! You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coloring is beautiful and the little details make this a great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)