Saturday, July 19, 2014

"LOVE" Wedding Card

A former student of mine who recently looked me up (via my blog, nonetheless!) is getting married in a couple of weeks and I am sending her and her fiance this card. I taught her MANY years ago - you don't want to know how long ago that was - and I cannot believe she is now old enough to be getting married! How time flies! 

Anyways, since I am not sure of the colour scheme of her wedding, I decided to choose a colour that is neutral and not too masculine or feminine - and my favourite colour as well :) I love the way this turned out. Unfortunately, my camera wasn't quite as co-operative and the colours and detail in the photos are not as intense as they are are in real life... To create the ruffle around the heart, I just hand-stitched a running stitch around the edge of the ribbon to gather it and then used a super sticky adhesive to adhere it to the back of the heart. The rest of it is just layers. I have also shown the inside of the card as well. 

I wish this couple all the best as they begin their journey together. I know we will stay in touch. It has been such a pleasure getting to know Amanda as an adult as opposed to an 11-14 year old! She has brightened my days on many occasions in the past several months! 




Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Dotty for You Paper Pack (ret.)
Stamps: Seal-Love, Card Chatter - Love (ret.)
Inks: Lagoon Pigment Ink, Lagoon
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge, Teal Shimmer Trim, Lagoon Zipper Lace, Bitty Sparkles, Teal Organza Ribbon (not CTMH), Baker's Twine - Paradise Assortment, Damask Embossing Folder

Enjoy, 
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)