Sunday, May 11, 2014

The Start of a Gift Album

The Lead Minister at church spoke to me last week regarding the creation of an album for a minister of ours who is departing. When he gave me the timeline, I almost fell on the floor... just three weeks away! I also have the gift album for our choir director to complete as well... but such is life, so I guess I will be awfully busy for the next while! 

So, with that in mind, my focus on what to do first has changed! This minister's focus is on the children and youth program, so right now, I only have a handful of photos, but more are promised to be coming my way early next week! Here is the first layout I have completed. I am trying to keep it simple (but that is not my usual style for anyone who knows me...) I used a pattern from "Make It from the Heart - Volume 1" as my guide. 

Since there were so many colours in the photos, the Skylark paper pack worked well for this - the Desert Sand helped to ground the photos and the soft greens, turquoise and touches of yellow added the right touches of colour. 

The first photo shows the two page layout and the following photos show each page individually. I am going to leave the journaling spots open on all the layouts for the recipient to write in on her own, so she can personalize them so they mean more to her. 




Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Skylark Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Sweet Leaf Cardstock, Desert Sand Cardstock
Stamps: None
Inks: None
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Skylark Assortment, Sarita Assortment, Baker's Twine - Neutral Assortment (ret.), Colour-Ready Evergreen Shapes (ret.), Colour-Ready Cork Alphabet (ret.), Arbour Wooden Shapes, (ret.), Floral Wooden Shapes (ret.) Wooden Bird (not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)