Thursday, April 24, 2014

Mother's Day Card

My wonderful mom is so special to me. She is 86 and she is still independent and doing quite well. I only wish that I was able to visit her more often than I can. She lives almost 5 hours away from me and with a difficult schedule, it makes it hard to schedule meaningful visits at times. 

For her Mothers' Day Card, I wanted to do something original this year. I recently read the latest edition of Card Maker magazine and they had several ideas for pop-up cards and this was one of them. I liked the fact that it still fits in a standard envelope, so I decided to use this design. The Lollydoodle paper was a good colour fit for what I had in mind. I wanted flowers, but not too many, along with a Happy Mother's Day sentiment. 

The Artiste Cricut Cartridge was perfect! It had the flower and leaves I was looking for, and the perfect sentiment as well. A little size adjustment on my Cricut Explore and all was easily done! 

The card is shown from 3 angles - left, right and straight-on, so you can see the detail from each view.



  
Supplies used are all Close To My Heart:

Paper: Lollydoodle Paper Pack, Cotton Candy Cardstock, Pear Cardstock
Stamps: None
Inks: None
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge, Sparkles Clear Flourishes - Small, Sparkles - Clear Assortment, Pear Alcohol Marker

Enjoy, 
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)