Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Simple but Meaningful Cards

I am back to creating cards for the Clerk of Session at my church. She gives out these cards to members who are ill or have lost someone in their family. I feel it is something I can do to contribute to my church that is meaningful and helps others. She prefers the insides to be left blank so she can write a message as needed. 

I found this first design on an ad in a recent issue of a magazine I was reading while waiting in my doctor's office. It is so simple, yet very effective. I decided to use the new Ariana papers to recreate it. The center square is raised using foam tape.


Supplies used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Ariana Paper Pack. Outdoor Denim Cardstock, White Daisy Card Base
Stamps: Look to the Light
Inks: Outdoor Denim
Accessories: Foam Tape

This second card design was on that same ad. Same idea - simple and easy, but very effective. 


Supplies used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Sky Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock, White Daisy Card Base
Stamps: Words of Comfort, Harvest Happiness
Inks: Sky, Honey, Lagoon, Black
Accessories: Journaling Pens (ret.), Bitty Sparkles, Copic Markers (not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)