Wednesday, August 14, 2013

More Extravaganza Artwork - cards

Today, I am showing you some of the cards that I created for my Extravaganza boards. I decided to do only card fronts for the purpose of the boards and that way, the cards didn't keep flipping open when people wanted to photograph them. I figured when I removed them later, I could add the full card base to the card at that time and use them later. 

These are just four of several cards. I will post more in the next few days. My goal is to have all my artwork posted before I go to the hospital for major surgery on August 22nd. I don't know how long I will be in the hospital but it will be at least 3-4 days if not longer and I don't expect to be up to much for at least a few weeks after returning home.

This card was created with the idea of new neighbours in mind. Obviously in the shape of a house, I used a Stickease shape that read Family and then a Dimensional Elements arrow to point to the word for emphasis. A little bit of natural hemp added the finishing touch, along with an elements from the Rosewood Mini-Medley Collection. The roof was created by using the new Scalloped Punch and just layering each piece.
The second card used one of the new Hostess Reward Stamps, "You Only Live Once". I also used the DE Hexagon shapes and coloured them with Olive ink. The Huntington Canvas Assortment provided a nice background as well.
For the third card, I used my favourite paper in this paper pack, the damask paper, as the background. The new DE shapes provided a perfect background for the floral stamp from the "Happy Autumn" stamp set, which is also where the sentiment come from.
The last card today is one of my favourites. It is based on an old Mojo Monday sketch. The stamp set is "Love This" and is designed to work with the Bluebird: My Crush Album. As you can see, I used our new Scalloped Punch on all 4 cards - I LOVE that product! I just used embroidery floss for the buttons and more of the Rosewood Mini-Medley.
Hopefully, more cards will be posted tomorrow!

Products used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Huntington Paper Pack, Colonial White Cardstock, Cocoa Cardstock, Champagne Cardstock, Desert Sand Cardstock, Olive Cardstock, Autumn Terracotta Cardstock, Barn Red Cardstock, Whisper Cardstock
Stamps: Vogue Alphabet, Happy Autumn, Love Life, You Only Live Once
Inks: Barn Red, Olive, Autumn Terracotta, Cocoa, Barn Red Alcohol Markers, Autumn Terracotta Alcohol Markers
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Dimensional Elements Snapshots, Dimensional Elements Signage, Scalloped Punch, Rosewood Mini-Medley Collection, Foam Tape, Huntington Stickease, Natural Hemp, Sponge, Irresistibles Hexagons, Huntington Assortment, Baker's Twine - Harvest Assortment, Mocha Opaques, Green Embroidery Floss (not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)