Saturday, August 10, 2013

Extravanagza Artwork - A Second Layout using Huntington

Unlike the previous layout that used the Huntington papers, this one is totally different. I took a much more feminine approach and decided to use a half overlay from the Artbooking Cartridge, along with a lot of floral embellishments. I also did not stick to just one key. I checked out a number of different keys. 

I like the way this turned out - I usually like to fill up my scrapbooking pages but I also like the blank space on this page. I love to stitch on my layouts and I just used my machine and did a random stitch around the exterior, crossing over itself a few times. 

The flowers were just "scrunched" and the rolled ones were rolled quite tightly. It's almost hard to believe that this layout is made from the same paper as the last one!


Products used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: Huntington Paper Pack, Autumn Terracotta Cardstock, New England Ivy Cardstock, Olive Cardstock, Barn Red Cardstock, Champagne Cardstock
Stamps: None
Inks: New England Ivy Marker
Accessories: Artbooking Cartridge, Clear Sparkle Flourishes - Small, Sparkles - Clear Assortment, Sewing Machine and Barn Red Thread (not CTMH) 

Enjoy, 
Alyson

3 comments:

  1. The flowers are beautiful! And how did u make the leaves? I have a hard time with them for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaves were cut with the Cricut and I just folded them over and them ran a marker line down the center for emphasis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very pretty layout, Alyson! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)