Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Brae-er's Team Blog Hop - Kraft Containers and Muslin Bags

Welcome to our Team Blog Hop featuring products and techniques. We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers, whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that was used that you would like to learn to do. By leaving us comments, we get to hear what you like and what you want to see. Now on to our hop!

If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop, but if you get lost, you can find your way by going to Brae's blog at http://thebrae-er.blogspot.ca/ for a full list of participants. If you came from  Heather's blog at 
then you are in the right place!

I chose to use the Kraft Containers and Muslin Bags as the basis for my projects for this hop.The Dream Pop papers were also my choice of paper and that is the upcoming promotion for the month of May. The paper pack is GORGEOUS! The colours are so bright and cheerful and I paired them with some black and white accessories
On the Kraft Containers, I simply cut out parts of the Dream Pop paper and wrapped it around the containers and then added some accessories to add some interest. I love turquoise (anyone who knows me knows that about half my wardrobe is turquoise!) and so I took advantage of that colour from the paper pack! 
 
On the Muslin Bags, the fabric is from the For Always Textiles and is simply pleated on one of the bags using Liquid Glass. The word "Friend" was stamped with Black Pigment Ink but it came out looking more brown than black... maybe something to do with the pink background. 
 To make the flower on another bag, I just cut three circles of the fabric and then hand-sewed a running stitch about halfway inside of each circle and gathered up the thread to create the ruffle, then tied the loose ends together and layered them. 
 Pigment ink was used on the bags and I did use a Sharpie Marker to colour my sparkles as I found that our Alcohol markers just didn't give me a deep enough colour.
The products I used were Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated and are listed below: 

For the Kraft Containers:
Paper:Dream Pop Paper Pack, Slate Cardstock
Stamps:None
Inks: Black
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge, Art Philosophy Cartridge, Black Sharpie Marker (not CTMH, Turquoise Sharpie Marker (not CTMH), Kraft Containers, Petals Paper Flowers (ret.), Flutter Paper Shapes, Washi Tape, Clear Sparkles, Antiqued Gold Mini-Medley, For Always Textiles, Needle and Thread (not CTMH)

For the Muslin Bags:
Paper: None
Stamps: Thanks, For a Friend, Life is Tweet (ret.)
Inks: Slate Pigment Ink, Honey Pigment Ink, Lagoon Pigment Ink, Black Pigment Ink
Accessories: Muslin Bags, Spray Pen, Cotton Candy Re-inker, For Always Textiles, Needle and Thread (not CTMH),  Turquoise Sharpie Marker (not CTMH). Pink Sharpie Marker (not CTMH), Bitty Sparkles, Clear Sparkles, Liquid Glass, Honey Alcohol Marker, Lagoon Alcohol Marker, Cotton Candy Alcohol Marker, Licorice Opaque Adhesive Gems
Your next stop on the hop is Lucy's blog at 
http://lucyscreativeexpressions.blogspot.com/2013/04/scrapping-with-for-always-fabric_23.html

Thanks for hopping along with us - we hope we were able to inspire you to create your own projects using some of the designs and paper seen along the way. Join us again next month when we will be featuring inspirational ideas from Pinterest. 

Enjoy, 
Alyson

5 comments:

  1. Love the kraft containers, they turned out super cute!! Love the Dream Pop Paper packet, can't wait to start playing with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice Alyson! I haven't tried either of these yet but you make it look so easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have inspired me to use my muslin bags Alyson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyson, I love what you have done with the containers...of course a good dose of turquoise thrown in. That color always looks so fresh and crisp. Beautiful job on all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your projects, especially the muslin bags!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)