Thursday, November 1, 2012

Greetings Card

I decided to play around with our alcohol markers a bit. I have never been a colourer so this was a real challenge for me and I am not sure whether I like the result or not. The card looks a lot different in real life than it does in the photograph. I find that the lighter markers are much easier to blend than the darker ones seem to be, but that may just be my inexperience working with them. I also think embossing the stamp first might have helped the overall effect as I stamped the flower in Slate rather than in Black ink. The colours here don't look the same at all but on the actual card, the colours in the flower are almost an exact match to the paper flowers!

Enjoy, 
Alyson

Supplies used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted:

Paper: Smokey Plum Cardstock, Gypsy Cardstock, Slate Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock
Stamps: Love Blooms, 4 My Friend
Inks: Slate Pigment Ink, Slate Regular Ink
Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (not CTMH), Gypsy Markers, Smokey Plum Markers, Floret Paper Flowers, Purple Paper Flowers (ret.), Purple Sparkles

1 comment:

  1. I like the visual rotation of your card. It really does draw your eyes onto the stamped flower. Love the color combo, too.

    So I have to wish you congratulations on being the H2H designer. Yay! What fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)