Thursday, September 6, 2012

Christmas Mini Cards - H2H Challenge

When I saw the challenge at Heart 2 Heart this week, I knew I couldn't get away with making just one card - I had a project in mind. 
This took some time... I had to play around with the Artiste cartridge for a number of things - to find a box that would fit my 3x3 cards, and then I had to find a card that was scalloped at the bottom, preferably with holes. The only one I could find wouldn't cut at 3 inches wide and 6 inches long so I had to cut it at 4 inches wide so it would be long enough and trim it down the sides. Then, after adding paper to the front, I had to trace that and cut it out, repunch the holes... you get the idea. This was a lot more time intensive than it appears.
The inside of each card has a 1 inch strip across the bottom so the holes show a different pattern when the card is closed. 
I love the way teh rub-ons work with this paper - they are so effective and I can't wait to do the workshop that goes with the Pear and Partridge paper!


Enjoy, 
Alyson

Products are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Pear and Partridge Paper Pack, New England Ivy Cardstock, Olive Cardstock, Cranberry Cardstock, Cashmere Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock
Stamps: Pear and Partridge Card WOTG
Inks: Cranberry, New England Ivy, Cocoa
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge, Pear and Partridge Rub-Ons, Cocoa Designer Ribbon Collection, Cashmere Ribbon and Red Sparkles (both from Pear and Partridge Card WOTG), Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon (ret.), Harvest Baker's Twine, Sparkles, Red Button Collection, Cranberry Waxy Flax (ret.), Hole Punch (not CTMH)

5 comments:

  1. A lot of work with gorgeous results, Alyson! The mini-Christmas cards are just sweet; love the whole ensemble (box included). Glad you joined the H2H challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did an amazing job on these, Alyson. Thanks for playing along with us at H2H, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyson, these are beautiful! I enjoy your work and have nominated you for the Liebster on my blog: http://bumblesnbees.blogspot.ca/2012/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)