Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Christmas Cards

I have been starting to work on Christmas cards. When you make all your own cards, you can never start early enough to get them all made in time! However, these are two cards that I will be offering in my annual Christmas Card Workshop. The ideas for both come from Pinterest (Oh, how I love that site!) 

The first card is not particularly difficult to make but it is time consuming. It takes a while to layer the branches and to tie the ribbons just right. 

The second card uses Avonlea paper but I added Twilight to the mix as I needed another cardstock colour and I knew I wouldn't have enough of the Avonlea Teal for a large group. There is a lot of Cricut cutting for this card plus the chance to play with some of our new markers as well. 

Enjoy, 
Alyson

Supplies are Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Card #1 (Bird)
Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Cranberry Cardstock, New England Ivy Cardstock
Stamps: Pear and Partridge Cardmaking WOTG
Inks: New England Ivy
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge, Baker's Twine - Harvest Assortment, Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon (ret.), MS Punch (not CTMH), Black Marker, Foam Tape

Card #2 (Snowman)
Paper: Avonlea Paper Pack, Slate Cardstock, Twilight Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps: Flakey Friends, Christmas Love
Inks: Black, Black Staz-On
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge, Art Philosophy Cartridge, White Grosgrain Ribbon (ret.), Wrangler Assortment, Markers - Twilight, Sky, Orange Sharpie (not CTMH), Brown Sharpie (not CTMH)

3 comments:

  1. I shamelessly just pinned your Avonlea card. LOL Cute cards! You've been a busy lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how gorgeous, Alyson!! I especially love the first one - just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)