Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Destroyed Title, Disappointment, and a Second Try...

After devouring my new Idea Book, I fell in love with the layout on page 23 and I wanted to recreate the title on that page. You may recall this layout of mine, posted about a week ago.
This is just the left page with the title. 

I followed the instructions in the Idea Book, listed just below the layout, as to how the paint the Dimensional Elements letters and applied the letters to my layout very carefully with our new tweezers. They were still wet when I photographed the layout. Well, it has been 10 days and they have not dried. I tried heat setting them, leaving them in the sun, and they are still wet. I finally removed them yesterday, along with the photo and paper beneath them that had to be replaced (no big deal) and replaced them with different letters since I didn't have enough of the same letters to do the same exact title (bummer). For these ones, I tried mixing our Pearl Paint with Staz-On Black reinker, but when they dried, they turned a dark shade of purple. I then had to use Black Staz-On ink to colour them and had to do them twice to cover the purple stain. I am afraid to cover these with Liquid Glass but I really want the shine that comes across in the book. 
The new title is shown below. 
For some reason, the new Dimensional Elements did not include the same size "t" as the rest of the letters in this font. I checked and double-checked! 
So this is the end result. I am not super happy about it, but I guess it goes into that category of "I will have to live with it."
Any thoughts or suggestions? Has anyone else tried this technique or has plans to try it out? I would be really curious to hear what your results have been!

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)