Sunday, July 3, 2011

Queen Charlotte Islands and my Clarinet

I am a musician by training and when I finished my first university degree, I spent a few summers working at a music camp on Vancouver Island. After the camp finished one summer, I flew up to the Queen Charlotte Islands to visit my family who were living there at the time. They had a home right on the Pacific Ocean and we found this piece of driftwood washed up on the shore. I took my clarinet and played my heart out on the shore for several hours while my sister took these beautiful photos. 
The layout is from Magic and I have used my most favourite paper of all time - Magnifique! There is hidden journaling as you can see by the photo of the left page. When it is inside the page protector, a brad holds the flower in place on the outside of the page and it slides around to reveal the journaling. 
As always, click on the photos to see additional detail.
Enjoy, 
Alyson

Supplies used are all CTMH unless otherwise noted
Paper: Magnifique, Colonial White cardstock, Pacifica cardstock, Lagoon cardstock
Stamps: Building Block Alphabet, Cherished Flourishes
Inks: Pacifica, Sky, Lagoon, Chocolate, Brown Staz-On
Accessories: Clear Buttons, White Daisy Paper Flowers, Colonial White Designer Brads, Antiqued Copper Brads, Chocolate Waxy Flax, Colonial White Embroidery Floss, Dimensional Elements Flower, Corner Rounder, Coluzzle Circle Cutting Guide

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)