Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Flowering Cactus Layout

Well, I finally finished it! I played around with the photos that I had taken, and decided to use just one - and then I couldn't decide on the paper colours to bring it to life. That alone took me about 90 minutes... I ended up using both Grey Wool and Grey Flannel - the first time I have ever used Grey Flannel, I think! I still want to add a journaling card behind the photo but I haven't made it that far yet. With Convention coming up so quickly, there is a lot to think about right now! And I have another card workshop this Saturday.... Maybe I will get some more creative time in the next few days if I am lucky. 
A close up of the flowers in the right hand corner is shown below. They were done with the Dreams Come True stamp set. I stamped them on Grey Wool paper using Colonial White pigment ink, then quickly covered them with a mixture of clear embossing powder and glitter and heat set them. I love the way they turned out!
Enjoy, 
Alyson

All supplies used are CTMH unless otherwise noted
Paper: Bliss, Grey Wool cardstock, Grey Flannel cardstock, Topiary cardstock
Stamps: Dreams Come True, Homestead Alphabet
Inks: Topiary, Grey Wool, Colonial White Pigment Ink, Versamark
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, Prisma Glitter, Heat Tool, Foam Tape, Green Sparkles, Grey Satin Ribbon (Walmart), Grey Grosgrain Ribbon (Fabricland), Cream Lace (Fabricland)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)