Thursday, October 6, 2016

Framed Birthday Card

A special friend has a birthday coming up and I wanted to created a card for her using a stem and flower stamp set. The stamp I had in mind is not a CTMH stamp set but everything else is from CTMH. 

I started out with a piece of White Daisy cardstock and three shades of green - Emerald, Lagoon and Sea Glass. Blending the colours, I ended up with my background. I masked the stem part of the stamp and stamped the image in black and then stamped the flower parts in Versamark ink so I could emboss them in white - at least that was the plan. After adding the embossing powder, it stuck to almost the entire piece of paper! I spent a LONG time with a fine tipped paintbrush, trying to remove the embossing powder from between the flowers and the rest of the paper, When I finally did use the heat tool and embossed the flowers, they did not turn out well at all - it looked like a blurry mess. 

Back to the drawing table to start again with my already green fingers... I inked another sheet of cardstock and this time, I decided to stamp the flowers separately and cut them out instead. Small as they are, it was a challenge but it worked out better. I stamped them in two colours and added them later. 

So, the finished card is below - with the stamped and cut out flowers with a hint of shimmer (that still doesn't show in my photograph). I love the background and the wood grain frame adds so much to the card. 


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper; Happy Times Paper Pack (ret.), White Daisy Cardstock, Emerald Cardstock
Stamps: Rose Wonder (SU - not CTMH), Wild About Flowers (SU - not CTMH)
Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Saffron, Lemon, Sea Glass, Lagoon, Emerald
Accessories: Artistry Cartridge, Whisper Twine, White Organdy Ribbon (ret.), Bitty Sparkles, Foam Tape, Shimmer Pen 

Enjoy, 
Alyson



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Alyson! I loved reading about your process to get it just right. I love the combination of twine and organza ribbon--really unique. Thanks for inspiring me today--have a wonderfully creative weekend!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous card Alyson! Your finished product is amazing, your friend is going to LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card...and this wasn't even made for the Heart2Heart challenge for this week. Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)