Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Swan Lake and Brushstrokes Birthday Card

A friend of mine is celebrating his 40th birthday next week - called for a birthday card for sure. I wanted to do something relatively understated as he is not one to make a big deal of anything so I decided to use some of the blue themed paper from the Swan Lake paper pack. The Brushstrokes stamp set came as a result from a card I saw on Pinterest

There is a sentiment inside the card about his being "over the hill"... I just couldn't let that pass - after all, he IS turning 40! 


Products used are all Close to My Heart

Paper: Swan Lake Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock
Stamps: Brushstrokes, Birthday Sparkles
Inks: Glacier, Crystal Blue, Juniper, Peacock
Accessories: Foam Tape, Blue Enamel and Glitter Gems, Enchantment Ribbon Pack

Enjoy, 
Alyson


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Alyson, great for male or female!

    I am sure he will love it!
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that turned out to be a darling card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color combination and love your focal point with all the brush strokes and the stamped stars...very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)