Saturday, September 17, 2016

JOY Wreath card

Even though it is the middle of September, it is time to start thinking about Christmas cards - it is just 2 months before the time to start writing them and then sending them and they cannot all be created overnight! (How many people were a little frightened to hear that the timeline is so close??) 

I have seen so many gorgeous cards using the Stampin Up Swirly Scribbles Thinlets that I finally decided to purchase that set of dies for myself. I only got the dies and not the co-ordinating stamp set.  Some of the artwork that I have seen on Pinterest using that set of dies has been just gorgeous and the card that I used as the basis for this one was one of them. It was from Claire Daly's blog

I used the City Sidewalks paper pack and one of the dies from that SU set. The bird is from the Artbooking Cricut cartridge and was sliced from the branch that it was originally sitting upon to sit inside the wreath. I love how this turned out!


Products used are Close to My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: City Sidewalks Paper Pack,White Daisy Cardstock, Cranberry Cardstock, Willow Cardstock
Stamps: Very Merry
Inks: Cranberry
Accessories: Artbooking Cartridge, SU Swirly Scribbles Thinlets (not CTMH), Shimmer Pen, Rustic Home Ribbon Pack, Black Sharpie Marker (not CTMH) 

Enjoy, 
Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty with the traditional red and green colors for Christmas...love it. I need to get my cards started too, but have to get over Halloween first.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)