Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Atlantic Hearts Sketch 174 - Basics Fundamentals Celebrate Card

For this week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts, I wanted to use some of the Basics Fundamentals from the Annual Inspirations Catalog as they are among my favourite new papers. They are just so versatile, lending themselves to both feminine and masculine cards, layouts and just about any type of projects imaginable! 
Keeping with that, I also wanted to incorporate gold into this masculine card. There is a birthday sentiment stamped inside the card, although I didn't photograph that. 
I used strips from the white and gold cardstock piece to create the gold background for the main piece and also for the gold backgrounds for the ribbon pieces. The small black circles were sponged using a die cut from Artbooking - purposely darker in some areas and lighter in others. 



Join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us your interpretation of the sketch shown above. You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Gold Glitter Paper, Uptown Fundamentals
Stamps: Balloon Wishes
Inks: Versamark, Black
Accessories: Artbooking Cartridge, Artistry Cartridge, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Sponge, Black and Gold Ribbon, White and Gold Ribbon, Gold Sequins

Enjoy, 
Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Love all the textures, ribbons, glitter and embellishments...great masculine card using the neutrals from Paper Fundamentals. I did not take advantage of this special on these, now I wish I had.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)