Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Happy Birthday Pleat Fold Card

With so many birthdays coming up in the next several weeks, any opportunity I can take to create a card for that purpose is a wonderful opportunity. This card is for the Colour Dare Challenge Blog - I LOVE the colour combination this week - Pixie, Thistle, Glacier and White. 
I really wanted to try a pleat fold and I love the way it turned out. 
The flowers are actually stamped in Pixie but it's very difficult to tell from the photo - Thistle and Pixie look very similar under the lighting that I use. 



Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Penelope Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock, Whimsy Fundamental Cardstock Pack (Pixie)
Stamps: Holiday Tags, Springtime Wishes
Inks: Thistle, Pixie, Glacier
Accessories: Glacier Thick Twine, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape, Purple Hearts Enamel and Glitter Duos

Enjoy, 
Alyson


9 comments:

  1. Ooooooooo I love the pleat folds! I need to try that! Thank you for such a beautiful example and for joining us at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card Alyson, it still has some turquoise in it which should make you happy. Love the fold and layers, the flowers, and combination of colors of course. Thanks for joining us again this week at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, Alyson! The pleat fold with Fundamentals paper works great with your lovely flower array. Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us at the Color Dare this week!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the fun fold of the fundamentals paper. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card and I love that pleat technique that you used! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on winning with the pleated fold card... hope my card at AHSC was the inspiration for your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you do that beautiful card folding on front with the pink cardstock with white circles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!
    Can you please share your measurements for the pleated piece?
    Thank you~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jes, I didn't save the sizes for these folds but a search on the Internet for pleat fold cards will give you lots of results. There are many ways to create these cards using just one fold through to multiple folds. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)